Harbor Medical Group
Harbor Medical Group currently has 2 Openings for Certified Medical Assistants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Obtain and record patient history in patient EHR.
- Obtain vital signs and record in patient EHR.
- Maintain medication and immunization records.
- Ensure provider has all appropriate test results prior to patient appointments.
- Preparing patients for exams.
- Telephone and in-person screening limited to intake and gathering of information without requiring the exercise of judgment based on clinical knowledge.
- Wound dressing changes.
- Specimen collection.
- Urethral catheterization.
- Diagnostic testing (may include EKG and respiratory testing)
- Notify patients of test results as directed and requested by providers.
- Carry out providers’ orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with referral coordinators to ensure accurate and timely referral process for consults, exams, diagnostics and procedures. Complete referrals on acute basis when needed.
- Perform daily room checks and stock exam rooms with all needed supplies as needed.
- Demonstrate good infection control.
- Wrapping items for autoclaving; procedures for sterilizing equipment and instruments; disposing of bio- hazardous materials and practicing standard precautions.
- Other Duties may be assigned.
Must have Active Certified Medical Assistant License or Interim Certified Medical Assistant License.
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.